Paws was established in late 2016, inspired by a visit to a cat cafe in Seattle by the owners. Nicole’s complete adoration of cats, and Mike’s passion for a great cup of coffee created the vision of what would soon become “Paws The Cat Cafe”.
Over the year, the partners began to map out and execute the required steps to make Paws their reality. The first step was making sure they could satisfy the requirements of Alberta Health Services. The second and subsequent steps included finding an appropriate location, including a landlord who was just as excited about the concept as Nicole & Mike were, and designing a floor plan that would be engaging to both cats and coffee lovers.
We value originality, creativity, empowerment, and a comfortable environment which allows us, and others, to explore and cultivate their passions. We aim to support local artists and other small businesses, just as the community has opened it’s arms and supported us, before our doors even opened to the public
1. All customers entering the cat lounge will be required to sign a waiver.
2. The minimum age to enter The Cat Lounge is 7 years old. All children between the age of 7 to 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
3. Paws is fully committed to providing a relaxing environment for the cats, and the humans enjoying their company. We ask that you exercise absolute caution when handling the cats. We have provided adjustable chairs and tables, as well as pillows and mats, to encourage interactions on the cats’ levels. This encourages the cats to come to you, which will result in more pleasant interactions for everyone. Please inquire with the Cat Lounge Attendant, as they can provide some guidance on which cats are tolerant to being picked up.
4. No outside animals are permitted into the cat lounge, for the safety of our cats and our customers.
5. Please keep a close watch on your drinks and baked goods, and do not allow the cats to consume them under any circumstances.
6. Enjoy yourself!
Tuesday through Thursday: 10:00am-9:00pm
(Last 60 minute booking at 8:00pm)
(Last 60 minute booking at 7:00pm)
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am-6:00pm
(Last 60 minute booking at 5:00pm)
Paws is a coffeehouse featuring excellent coffee and The Cat Lounge, a room which is home to 11 adoptable kitties and 1 PURRmanent resident.
We have capacity for 12 cats, however, dependant on availability of cats from the Edmonton Humane Society, there may not always be 12 in the lounge.
Unfortunately not, for the safety of all animals, we cannot permit any outside animals into the cat lounge.
8 people during regular hours. We recommend a reservation to ensure you get a spot. We will accommodate walk-ins as possible.
The cover charge assists with business overhead, such as rent and staff wages, and allows the cafe to be sustainable. The cover charge also helps supports offerings of enrichment and stimulation for the cats. This enables us to provide the company of cats to those who may not have the time, resources or desire to commit to full time pet ownership.
We have lounge options of 30 minutes, 1 hour or 2 hours (which includes 2 drinks for you!) Please make note of the time you enter the lounge.
An hour visit in the Cat Lounge is $13.00 for an adult, $10.50 for a student, (7 and older, including post-secondary) plus GST. This includes a regular drink. Make a selection from our beautiful espresso bar, a fresh pourover coffee, an Italian Soda, or a specially curated tea! We also have locally baked sugar cookies, stroopwafel, brownies and macarons in rotating flavours.
At Paws, we are fully committed to the health and safety of our cats and our customers, current and future.
While we understand that your own house cats and your children may be great with each other, the cats in our lounge come from many different backgrounds, and may not be accustomed to younger children.
For liability reasons, our insurance company has requested a minimum age of 7 (seven) in our lounge. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Yes please! There are shoe/boot covers that are available if you’d rather not, or don’t have socks on. Either way, we want to keep the floors as clean as possible for our feline friends and guests and do require footwear to be removed or covered.